KEXP's mission is to enrich your life by championing music and discovery.KEXP is a nonprofit arts organization serving music lovers through in-person, broadcast and online programming. KEXP operates one of the most influential listener-supported radio stations in the world, 90.3 KEXP-FM Seattle, with online and on-air service reaching over 200,000 global listeners each week. On KEXP's YouTube channel , videos of exclusive live performances garner millions of views per week. In our home at Seattle Center, KEXP hosts community events and produces hundreds of live performances each year, many of which are open to the public at no charge. Everything we do at KEXP is made possible through the support of individual donors, business supporters, corporate and foundation gifts, and funding from the local, state and federal government. To make your personal, tax-dedictible donation and join the more than 16,000 music lovers who power KEXP, please visit the Donate section. KEXP-FM Seattle, is operated by Friends of KEXP, a 501(c)3 nonprofit arts organization. KEXP is an affiliate of the University of Washington. KEXP’s unique services are designed to benefit three distinct groups: Music Lovers, Artists, and the Arts Community. KEXP’s curatorial staff of 45 DJs, who are widely recognized as experts in their field, present the newest emerging popular artists alongside established bands. KEXP’s programming features both variety and specialty shows that brings you the emerging sounds and long-time favorites from the Pacific Northwest, the country, and throughout the world. Artists championed by KEXP are not typically supported by traditional non-profit arts organizations or commercial media outlets. They are inventive, contemporary musicians creating new work in popular genres that include rock, hip hop, reggae, country, Latin, modern global and more. For a full list of programs, visit the Schedule Section. KEXP's vision is a growing community of music lovers worldwide who depend on KEXP to identify, showcase, and champion music that entertains and inspires them. By creating meaningful music experiences on air, online, and in person, KEXP harnesses the emotional power of art to strengthen our communities and serve the greater social good.
KEXP's Commitments to the Community:We pursue our mission by relentlessly pursuing curatorial excellence in our programming, and remain relevant to music lovers of all ages by producing one-of-a-kind content and experiences that we’ll deliver by world-class distribution methods. At KEXP...
- All good music — spanning all eras, styles, and cultures – has an opportunity to be heard, seen, and experienced.
- We offer creative programming that respects and inspires your mind, heart, and spirit.
- We emphasize new music and emerging artists to yield a richer, more rewarding experience.
- We uphold music of the Pacific Northwest, to enrich and strengthen our region.
- Artistic integrity, creative freedom, and personal responsibility are essential values that inform all our programs and services.
- We seek, nurture, and promote music experts from all cultures and communities to provide a deeper, richer experience.
- We actively steward our donors, business supporters, volunteers, and artists as thoughtfully and personally as we approach our programming.
- We foster relationship and community building by welcoming, gathering, and connecting music lovers from all over the world, both online and at our home in Seattle Center.
- We exist to generate an impact, serve the public good, and make a difference in your life and in the lives of music lovers worldwide.